The Jazz Rag 162
- Annie Ross, Britain’s international jazz singing star, who died in July – a personal tribute and reminiscence from award-winning singer Val Wiseman.
- Scott Yanow, top American jazz writer, delves back into the history of V-discs, the records that won the war.
- Trombonist/arranger Callum Au gives the background on his acclaimed new album with Claire Martin, Songs and Stories.
- Recently retired jazz pianist Brian Dee, the Melody Maker’s New Star of 1960, reflects on his 60 years of music – which include working with Bing Crosby, Miles Davis, Johnny Mercer and more
- Ron Simpson investigates the comedy jazz band phenomenon with Bob Kerr, late of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, the New Vaudeville Band and his own Whoopee Band.
- Paolo Fornara of hot Italian group The Jim Dandies gives us his personal choice of musical favourites.
- AND we ask a selection of noted jazz figures the question on everyone’s lips, ‘What did you do in the Lockdown?’ Share the experiences of top singer Claire Martin, famed writer Scott Yanow, Festival Director Denny Ilett, award-winning blogger Lance Liddle, top trumpeter Digby Fairweather and many more.
- Plus an outbreak of news and reviews
To order or subscribe, click here